Week ending October 1st
- We are busily preparing for Open Evening tonight. It is always an incredibly well attended event and it is a delight to be able to show the school and the students to prospective parents and members of our community. The evening begins at 6pm and finishes at 8pm. Existing parents or members of the community, not just prospective Y7 parents, are very welcome.
- This week we are pleased to welcome our German exchange visitors, who are being hosted by Y9 students. Our visitors will spend time in lessons; on the Norfolk coast watching seals; days sightseeing in London and Cambridge and experiencing domestic life with our students. As always it is a great experience for students which will create lasting international friendships.
- On Tuesday evening we completed the second stage of the bid process for the new school on the Darwin Green development. Alongside CMAT and Impington Village College we presented our vision for the new school at the public consultation. The next stage of the process is a formal interview with the local council’s elected members.
- Next Wednesday there will be a Parent Forum in the school library from 5pm – 6pm. This is an event for any parents who wish to attend and discuss what is happening in school. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Sarah Adams, who organises the ESOL café which provides English language lessons for those members of our community who have English as an additional language, would like to remind everyone that the English classes have now started and that there are a few spaces left. Do please look on the school website for details.
- Next week we welcome our senior citizen lunch club back for their monthly roast dinner with our students. If you are aware of any senior citizens in the Chesterton community who would enjoy attending please do let us know and we will invite them to join.
- A date for diaries is the Post-16 evening on October 15th which will be an opportunity for students and parents to gather more information about the post-16 process and the variety of post-16 providers. On October 8th all our Year 11 students will be participating in an exciting post-16 day which will provide them with lots of information and advice about their life after Chesterton.
Chesterton Community College
Mrs Lucy Scott